lily & onyx
- Botanical Name: Platycerium bifurcatum
- Common Names: Staghorn fern, Elkhorn fern
- Description: Native to Java and southeastern Australia, the Birds Nest 'Staghorn' fern has a fuzzy texture to the leaves that can get very large if taken care of. The name bifurcatum means forked, referring to the leaves that split and resemble stag or elk horns. It can grow up to 31-35 in tall and wide, and care is easy as long as they're provided with low to medium light and moderate moisture like most ferns.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 3-4'.
- Use: Recommended indoor only
- Light: Does best in medium to bright indirect light. Avoid direct sun light.
- Water: Once a week to keep soil slightly moist.
- Toxicity: No problems here! This plant is pet friendly.