lily & onyx
Pothos 'silver Splash'
- Botanical Name: Epipremnum aureum
- Common Names: Large-Leaf Pothos Picta, Silver Pothos, Silver Splash Pothos
- Description: This plant is very similar to Scindapsus pictus var. 'Argyreus' but where Argyreus has more defined spots and edge markings, this plant has a wider area of silver splashing across the leaf that is less defined. Holding it under a light, the silver on some leaves appear to shimmer and take on a satin look. Scindapsus pictus is a slower growing vine that is a member of the Araceae family and native to Thailand and the Philippines. Not as common of a houseplant as Pothos, but it does well in normal household environments but will appreciate higher humidity. This species features rounded-heart-shaped leaves that curve to one side at the tip. In time, it can easily grow to lengths of several feet long. For best color, keep in bright, indirect light but it will also do well in shady areas.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 7-12"
- Use: Recommended indoor only
- Light: Low to bright indirect light
- Water: Every 1-2 weeks, allowing soil to dry out between waterings.
- Toxicity: This plant is not pet friendly as it can be toxic to animals.