lily & onyx
BIRD'S NEST 'NIDUS' FERN
- Botanical Name: Asplenium nidus
- Common Name(s): Bird's-Nest Nidus
- About this plant: Native to the tropical regions of Asia and east Africa, Asplenium Nidus has large, light green, often crinkled leaves. This tropical plant prefers "rainforest" conditions in partial shade or indirect sunlight, and high humidity. With the proper environment and attentive care, leaves can grow up to 5 ft long.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 3-5' with a spread of 2-3'.
- Use: Recommended indoor only
- Light: Does best in partial to full shade. Avoid direct sun.
- Water: Medium amounts of water. Will thrive in high humidity environments. This plant requires proper drainage.
- Toxicity: No problems here! This plant is pet friendly.