lily & onyx
FICUS ELASTICA 'TINEKE'
- Botanical Name: Ficus elastica
- Common Name(s): Variegated Rubber tree, Ficus Elastica 'Tineke', Rubber plant
Description: Native to tropical regions of India and Malaysia, Ficus Ruby 'Tineke' is a hardy, vibrant evergreen plant with green-yellow and white variegation. Care is similar to other rubber plants, but the variegation requires more light than the 'Burgundy' variety. It won't do well in low light spaces, so place in bright indirect light. Water to keep soil moist at all times. Ficus elastica is a source of latex that is toxic to the skin, and poisonous if ingested, so pet-owners and those allergic to latex should be cautious.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 15-20'.
- Use: Recommended indoor only
- Light: Thrives in bright, indirect light but can take some direct light.
- Water: Weekly or once soil is dry to the touch 2" from surface. Ensure proper drainage.
- Toxicity: This plant is not pet friendly as it can be toxic to animals.