lily & onyx
BLUE CHALK STICK
- Botanical Name: Senecio serpens
- Common Names: Blue chalk stick
- Description: Native to South Africa, blue chalk stick is a hardy succulent with a beautiful blue-green foliage. It does best in bright, direct sunlight, so place in front of the brightest window you have. During the growing season, it is highly drought-tolerant once established and only needs to be watered every few weeks. For new plants, though, water once a week. Can grow up to 12" tall and 2' wide.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 12" tall and 2' wide.
- Use: Indoor and outdoor
- Light: Thrives in direct sunlight for 6 to 8 hours each day, but can also grow outdoors in partial shade.
- Water: Once a week for new plants, and every few weeks for mature plants. Highly drought tolerant.
- Toxicity: This plant is not pet friendly as it can be toxic to animals.