lily & onyx
BIRD'S NEST 'LESLIE' FERN
- Botanical Name: Asplenium antiquum 'Leslie'
- Common Name(s): Bird's-Nest Leslie, Crested Japanese Bird's-Nest Fern, ō-tani-watari (Japanese)
- Description: Native to the tropical regions of Asia and east Africa, Asplenium antiquum 'Leslie' comes from the same family of ferns as the 'Nidus'. Like the Nidus, this tropical plant prefers "rainforest" conditions in partial shade or indirect sunlight, and humidity. Its leaves are differentiated from the 'Nidus' by its compact uniform width and split curly ends.
- Size: Arrives in nursery grow pot. If cared for properly, plant can reach a mature height of 3-5' with a spread of 2-3'.
- Use: Recommended indoor only
- Light: Does best in partial to full shade. Avoid direct sun.
- Water: Medium amounts of water. Will thrive in high humidity environments. This plant requires proper drainage.
- Toxicity: No problems here! This plant is pet friendly.